How Does It Feel Like, Now That You're 21?

April 13, 2016

On April 1st, I turned 21.

And my first thought? I'm going home to sleep after class.

21st you say?
That's right.


1. No want party


Truth to be told, I dislike going out in groups because it is terribly draining for an introvert like me. UNLESS the group of friends are people whom I am close to, people whose company I enjoy, and those who don't mind me, being me. 
My greatest nightmare? Being in a roomful of people who don't wanna be there, and whom I can't be bothered to talk to.

To clarify, this doesn't mean I don't like meeting new people or engaging in talk. I love making new friends and meeting new people, it's just that I prefer smaller groups of people or 1-to-1 where I can get to know you better and more meaningfully, rather than surface talk (:

Above all, spending time and being in the company of loved ones and close friends, mean the most to me.


2. No want expensive or extravagant gifts


If you are close to me, or know me long enough, you would know this best <3


3. 21? Okay, I'm 21! Cool.


Turning 21 is just as it is, turning 21. No magic sparkles, no crazy transformation, no sudden 'I see the light' kinda stuff. I don't feel old, neither do I feel young. For me, it's more of I know my priorities better, I know the friends and company I want to hang out with, I feel more comfortable in my own skin and being who I am.



Let's just say, being 21 made me grateful for those in my life. Friends who celebrated with me, friends who wished me, friends whom I have drifted apart from but have shaped who I am today. And of course, those dearest to me.


Snippets

First thing they heard from me was, "THE FUCK" when they turned on my bedroom lights HAHAHA.

Nothing beats having you celebrate my special day with me (:





Thank you all for taking the time to celebrate my birthday with me. I couldn't be more thankful and happy for each of your company (:




You Might Also Like

0 comments