Of Dragonflies and Lions

January 12, 2015

As you may or may not have already known, I have taken quite a bit of interest in photography and am pursuing it more actively now in hopes that I will be able to take my skills to a higher level. I photograph almost everything but macro photography really intrigues me. Macro is fascinating. It changes your perspectives, bringing attention to things that you normally don't notice or find mundane. Take a dragonfly for example. Most of the time, these winged-insects fly around too quickly for people to observe them in detail. In macro however, these details are captured and you see the lace patterns on their wings, the hooks on their feet and the patterns on their bodies. Being able to capture all these little details in macro is what I enjoy and what I hope to share these perspectives with others too.

Without dedicated macro lenses, it's impossible to capture all the detail with clarity and focus like those seen on the pages of National Geographic. My pictures aren't very sharp so I just make do with what I have. Anyways I had a lot of fun getting these shots (:
This little guy was super cooperative, sitting there ever so patiently while I snapped away, occasionally raising a barbed leg to scratch his head. Don't you think his face (let's assume he's a guy okay) looks like an old man's with wrinkles on the forehead? Hahaha! I spent so much time snapping it that I started talking to it, and strangly he will tilt his head to one side like he understands what I'm saying. It came to a point where I even felt bad leaving it to snap another dragonfly sitting by a leaf.
Peek-a-boo





























 Simba has been overthrown



Face off between Kiara and Drago

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These shots are amazing! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shoe! I'm so glad you do ☺️

      Delete