Life's too short to be anything but happy (:

October 09, 2014

Good morning everyone! It's finally Thursday *jumps around* Hang in there, just a day more to the weekends (:

8/10    Wednesday
H.I.I.T session
Went down to Eusoff to join their High Intensity Interval Training (H.I.I.T in short) session and boy, I'm glad I did. It's been a while since I worked out and it felt good to do so. H.I.I.T keeps you burning fat even after you stop as your body isn’t able to bring in enough oxygen during periods of hard work and so, you accumulate a “debt” of oxygen that must be repaid post-workout in order to get back to normal. 
Gonna push myself harder at the next session! (:

Midweek Service
Rushed down to Star Vista to attend my friends' midweek church service and the speaker was Dr Marilyn Hickey, a sprightly 83 year young who looks nowhere close to her age!
Just look at her! She looks exactly like that in person, and you have to agree, she doesn't look like she's in her eighties.

It was lovely to her speak the word of God and hear about her visits to Iran, Sudan, Jordan, China and many more countries. Although I still remain doubtful about her claims on healing and miracles, I enjoyed listening to her preach on other aspects. It was also the first time I listened to Pastor Prince preach a little. After the preaching, everyone stood in song and this was when they started singing 'Jesus Loves Me'. 
Upon hearing that song, I was so overwhelmed with emotion inside that I broke down. I was shocked at my reaction because never have I had such a strong emotion to that song. It was painful holding back my tears as I didn't want others to ask me what was wrong because I had no idea either. I was from a kindergarten church and that was one of the songs we were taught and one that I remember till today. I'm guessing I reacted that way because it brought back memories of my time in Kindergarten, a time when many things impacted me and still continue to shape who I am today. It's funny how I can't seem to remember much from my primary school days or even what I had for dinner a couple of days before and yet those memories in Kindergarten are still fresh in my head.

Sorry for the poor image quality. Those were the days of film and digital cameras were a rarity so I had to take a pic of the original pic. Geddit?

Look at that, a fisherwoman. Complete with her straw-brimmed hat, bamboo pole and fish prints dress that is the colour of the deep waters.
  
As she grew older, she realised that fishing was not her thing and so she decided to climb trees instead.
She spent the rest of her life picking coconuts and rambutans for a living and she lived happily ever after. The end.

Letters
Letters and postcards came through my mailbox yesterday and one of these was a really long letter from a JC friend which couldn't have came at a more perfect timing.


"There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
 - Edith Wharton

I just wanted to share some things that XZ wrote and they resonated with me. I hope you will find meaning or understanding in it (:

Some excerpts from the letter:
"It's about believing that good things come to those who still hope even though they've been disappointed, to those that still believe even though they have tasted failure, to those who still love even though they've been hurt. It's about never regretting anything that has happened in life, for it cannot be changed, undone or forgotten. It's about taking it all as lessons learnt, smiling and learning to move on with grace."

"Just because everyone is headed in one direction, they seem to have gotten their life together, doesn't mean that you too, must go that way. On the contrary, getting lost is a valuable opportunity for you to step aside and figure out where you truly want to go. If you follow the crowd, you will go no further than the crowd. Remember it's only the dead fish that goes with the flow. But if you walk alone and find your own way, you will likely find yourself in places where no one has ever been before, and see some indescribable sights and experience unbelievable feelings that no one has ever beheld."

"Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you are."

"Life's too short to be anything but happy, so take plenty of photos, laugh too much and do whatever that make you happy!"

For the Christians: "God never promised days without pain, laughter without sorrow nor sun without rain. But he did promise strength for the days, comfort for the tears and light for the way." Philippians 4:6-7

On a random note, I chanced across this yesterday and I thought it would be loads of fun to do it with your friends or as a couple!


Have a blessed day and carpe diem (:

You Might Also Like

0 comments