Learn to love yourself

July 09, 2014

I just wanna say that I believe that I am a very lucky girl.

Although so many things have not gone as planned in life and there have been really difficult times recently, I still believe that I am blessed.

The past few days, I have been feeling a little wistful and down. Thinking about how my life would probably be better if I was taller, prettier, smarter, had a nice voice etc.

You feel sad when you think you have just met someone who could be the right one for you, but that person is looking for someone else and it hurts to know that it isn't you. Or like how you could not enter your dream school.

Maybe it's the hormones kicking in because I couldn't explain why I felt so down the past few days when I'm usually a cheerful person.
I had problems sleeping at night and it definitely affected my well-being to some extent.
However, I'm glad that I managed to sleep better last night.

I have been trying to psycho myself into believing that somewhere down the road, I will eventually meet that person who is right for me, someone who I am able to cheer up, someone who appreciates my smiles, someone who I would spend the rest of my life with utmost trust.

It has been real tough for me to get out of this self-depreciating, all-time low phase. It becomes a bottomless pit when you find something to criticize about yourself and your self-esteem hits rock bottom.

But today, I told myself that this is not how I want my days to be.
I have always stuck by this:

"A day without laughter, is a day wasted."

And I could see what I was missing when I was stuck in my self-pitying rut.

I made myself get out of it by focusing on the positive and just being grateful for the little things that bring joy in my life.

For me, it was reminding myself that I was lucky to have been given the opportunity to go for the Eusoff Hall Camp, meeting so many amazing and lovely people. Being healthy each day so that I can do the things that I love to such as playing sports. Having people who appreciate my smile and telling me that they like to see me smile.

 It's what you have each day, but you slow down and really appreciate how every single thing in your life, all comes together beautifully, inter-connected with all that you do and the people whom you meet.



Let's not waste any day being upset and angry, I believe there's so much more to life (:

You Might Also Like

0 comments